Complaints Handling

Our Complaints handling Procedure

This page sets out the procedure we will follow when dealing with any complaint:

  1. Richard Beckwith is the partner responsible for your appointment and will deal at the first instance with your complaint.  He may be contacted in writing at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ or by email to "richard[at]".   If you have a question or would to make a complaint then please do not hesitate to contact him.
  2. If you have initially made your complaint verbally - whether face to face or over the telephone - please also make it in writing addressed to Richard Beckwith.
  3. Once we have received your written complaint, Richard Beckwith will contact you in writing witihin 7 days.  At thi stage we will give you our understanding of your case.  We will also invite you to make any further comments you may have in relation to this.
  4. within 21 days of receipt of your written summary, Richard Beckwith will write to inform you of the outcome of his internal investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions we have taken or will take (including but not limited to whether we will refund any fees paid, in full or in part).
  5. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint or the outcome of our internal investigation, feel freee to contact Douglas Beckwith, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ; telephone: 07878 477 940; email: "douglas[at]", who will personally conduct a separate review of your complaint and contact you within 14 days to inform you of the concliusion of this review.
  6. If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our internal handling of your complaint and/or separate review, then we can discuss whether we agree to go to mediation accordingl to the RICS Dispute Resolution Service ("drs[at]").
  7. If you are still unhappy with the result of any of the above, you can refer your complaint to the Arbitration Service run by the RICS for business to business disputes.  The details are RICS Dispute Resolution Service ("drs[at]").
  8. If your complaint does not fall within this scope you may refer your complaint to the Ombudsman Services: Property.  The details are Ombudsman Services: Property, PO Box 1021, Warrington. WA4 9FE ( or to any professional body having competent jurisdiction over the individual(s) concerned.
Last updated: July 2015